Of course, when I got home, I knew they were just way too plain for my taste.
I thought about using a little Mod Podge to spruce them up, but I didn't have any papers that would go well with the army-green color of the plastic.
Then in a fabulous *a ha!* moment, I turned to my Silhouette!
Instead of using the silly little plant markers in the soil, I decided to cut out some adhesive vinyl to stick on the sides of the pots. By using the adhesive vinyl, I can also remove them at the end of the summer and that way I can relabel again next year!
So I designed and cut out my labels. For my step-by-step instructions on using the transfer paper, go here.
I actually cut out the word "T matoes" in black, and the actual tomato in red, then combined them on the transfer paper so they would be applied together.
Then I stuck them all on, peeled off the transfer paper, and ta da!
Perfect labels, and easy to remove and change for whatever I decide to grow next year!
Now here's hoping these little guys actually survive!