Immediately I was drawn to the floral section, and found these AWESOME green and white pearl/berry branches. Apparently they were from Christmas, though they hardly looked it, but I wasn't arguing because that meant they were 90% off!! Yes, the $2 branches were going to ring up for 20 cents. Score!
Once I had my pearl/berry branches in hand, it was easy to then find some great yarn to match and the styrofoam wreath form. I could hardly wait to get home!
Unlike the last yarn wreath I made, where I perfectly wrapped the yarn in nice neat rows, I wanted this one to look more unkempt and natural. I specifically went back and forth at different angles with the yarn to create a layered, perfectly imperfect look.
I'll be honest, it took a long time to wrap it this way, especially because I used all of the yarn so it would be a fuller wreath. But it was easy to do one night sitting in front of the TV!
The next morning, I got up to finish this lovely. Using the two pearl/berry branches, I wrapped the wire ends around the wreath, and used just a spot of hot glue to keep the tops affixed to the upper side of the wreath.
I just love it! It's the perfect late-winter look for my door!