I started it off by learning some new tricks and crafts at the Chicago Craft Social, and I got to meet some great new friends!
Then, I followed it up with a weekend of some great projects with a wonderful, helpful, and I must say patient friend.
So, let's kick off this post with one very fun project, and a recap of what I started with:
Remember this black chair I shared with you last post? This chair was destined to become my craft chair, to go with my new craft desk. But the all-black was just not nearly creative enough for a craft chair, so I had to give it a makeover!
I started by removing the seat cushion (which was only attached by 5 screws) and began to spray paint it.
We were very careful to do very light layers of spray paint, and allow time to dry between coats. Since I started with a metal surface, I wanted to make sure not to cake on the paint and thus give it the chance to chip off later.
After a lot of patience, we were here!
We were SO LUCKY - the single can of spray paint we had was exactly the amount of spray paint we needed. Even a little less would've resulted in some patchy spots!
We then moved indoors and began to recover the chair.
We started by removing the black faux leather fabric that was currently on the chair. Then, we cut a square of this fabulous Robert Kaufman fabric, and began to staple away!
When all the staples were in, we trimmed the fabric to be closer to the staples, and to expose the screw holes.
Then, all it took was screwing it back on, and the chair was done!
I absolutely love my new craft chair. Now I can't wait to tackle the craft desk redo so that the chair has somewhere to live!